1996-10-09 - Re: Government Denial of Service Attacks

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: Julian Assange <proff@suburbia.net>
Message Hash: 1c68aa261dbd695d1c81e44859b2cd46c64e436a2d05d000589f6cb15b0fd23d
Message ID: <3.0b19.32.19961009061541.00d23c48@panix.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 22:59:33 +0800

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 22:59:33 +0800
To: Julian Assange <proff@suburbia.net>
Subject: Re: Government Denial of Service Attacks

At 09:33 AM 10/9/96 +1000, Julian Assange wrote:
>I will not coment on the correctness of the U.S government's funding
>allocations, however the above statement is clearly designed to be
>deceptive. Given the GDP of the U.S as a whole during fiscal 1996 was
>greater than that of any other country at any other time, including the
>U.S in previous years (the U.S like most other countries has postive
>growth), of course the absolute value of taxes collected will be larger.

I make the point only because this very important fact never occurs to
anyone.  Our rulers like to say that they can't make do with a cent less of
the vast sums they collect from us and, in fact, all of them say that they
will need more.

Just pointing out that with all they have, they can probably stand to cut
back a little.  The Fortune 500 did.

DCF

Thread