1996-10-06 - SRC_rip

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1fd2503fd610020724204cb661e1ab3e0d63f98e9fbfc6b139fa0cd2321eb34d
Message ID: <1.5.4.16.19961006120416.2a27bbf8@pop.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 21:57:14 +0800

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 21:57:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: SRC_rip

     10-7-96. NYP:

     "Seymour Cray, Computer Industry Pioneer and Father of the
     Supercomputer, Dies at 71." Markoff

          "I was fortunate in having an instructor at the
          University of Minnesota who was looking after me in the
          sense that when I said, 'What's next?' he said, 'If I
          were you, I'd just go down the street here to
          Engineering Research Associates, and I'd think you'd
          like what they're doing there." The company was doing
          contract work for the Navy in cryptography. Mr. Cray's
          first supercomputers permitted researchers to crack
          enemy codes.

     -----

     http://jya.com/srcrip.txt  (13 kb)

     ftp://jya.com/pub/incoming/srcrip.txt