1996-10-19 - Re: news item on Atlanta bank

Header Data

From: “Nicolas J. Hammond” <njhm@ns.njh.com>
To: ponder@freenet.tlh.fl.us (P. J. Ponder)
Message Hash: 2250a3b0d08ae2cb2875ff09dae16cec0baf6e0ec245a4bbda2804f2fd7787f7
Message ID: <199610190239.WAA21486@ns.njh.com>
Reply To: <Pine.OSF.3.91.961018153037.5149A-100000@fn3.freenet.tlh.fl.us>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-19 17:37:53 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 10:37:53 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: "Nicolas J. Hammond" <njhm@ns.njh.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 10:37:53 -0700 (PDT)
To: ponder@freenet.tlh.fl.us (P. J. Ponder)
Subject: Re: news item on Atlanta bank

P. J. Ponder wrote ...
>   from:
>   [http://netday.iworld.com/news1.shtml]
>
>   news@iworld.com
>
>   "CyberBank" Opens for Business
>
>   [October 18] -- Atlanta Internet Bank reports its
>   cyberdoors are open for business as the world's first
>   Internet-only bank.

Security First Network Bank officially opened just over one year ago
(they had their one year anniversary this past Thursday).
SFNB actually had been on-line about 4 months before that
(I helped with their security when I was with a different company).
SFNB was the first Internet-only bank.

SFNB is planning on opening some bricks + mortar branches which
means that, technically, AIB's press release may be correct
(only "Internet-only" bank), but it will be a couple of months
before AIB is actually on the Internet. According to local
newspapers AIB is only available through AT&T's
network - it will be a couple of months before they are on the Internet.

--
Nicolas Hammond                                 NJH Security Consulting, Inc.
njhm@njh.com                                    211 East Wesley Road

Thread