1996-10-06 - Re: Sun’s GAK position

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: Frank Stuart <fstuart@vetmed.auburn.edu>
Message Hash: 265cc571b2eb30520e9affacaebb31f31c4c49ad9ee0641094e6aa37e3b74f54
Message ID: <199610060521.WAA10177@dfw-ix1.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 15:15:31 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 15:15:31 +0800
To: Frank Stuart <fstuart@vetmed.auburn.edu>
Subject: Re: Sun's GAK position

At 05:32 PM 10/4/96 -0500, Frank Stuart <fstuart@vetmed.auburn.edu> wrote:
>I haven't been able to find a position statemnet from Sun Microsystems about
>the new GAK plan, but it looks like I did find a position.  This is from
>"http://www.sun.com/corporateoverview/CorporateEmployment/LISTINGDIR/JobDet
ailAUF971004.html":
>>Extensive Security and Cryptography knowledge and skills, ability to
>>authoratatively present and advocatae security technologies at technical and
>>public policy levels, confidence and skill at writing and presenting
>>security documents and presentations. specific knowledge of government
>>security requirements. A US Government Top Secret SCI and potentially other
>>clearances will be necessary for this position.
etc.

That's not looking for someone to do GAK work at Sun; that's just looking for
someone to help Sun sell stuff to the Feds.  They've been doing secure
operating system support and selling Suns to the NSA, Pentagon,
and everybody else for years.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com
# You can get PGP outside the US at ftp.ox.ac.uk