1996-10-31 - Re: Rumours of NSA breakin

Header Data

From: The Deviant <deviant@pooh-corner.com>
To: wb8foz@nrk.com
Message Hash: 2a6aab6f8e80dc082025ffa94f1aa6324ba0031eecc5849f0857cf07c66ce69f
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.94.961031121436.453B-100000@random.sp.org>
Reply To: <199610302006.PAA18786@wauug.erols.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-31 12:34:05 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:34:05 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: The Deviant <deviant@pooh-corner.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:34:05 -0800 (PST)
To: wb8foz@nrk.com
Subject: Re: Rumours of NSA breakin

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, David Lesher / hated by RBOC's in 5 states wrote:

> Alex Filacchione sez:
> >

> > 	I've been hearing rumours of an alledged compromise
> > of the NSA Web server but no hard evidence. The claim made is
> > that several Mb of files were downloaded from the server and
> > posted to the "Internet". I can't see it in sci.crypt or
> > alt.conspiracy though.
>
> I asked a Well-Placed friend. He assured me that if it has, it's
> news to the folks who own the machine ;-}
>
> Not even Fort Fumble would put their www server within half a
> kilck of a classified machine.

Not like it matters.  Have you ever looked at how many machines are on
nsa.gov?  Its not a really big number.  Actually, its 1.  The *only*
machine on nsa.gov is gary7.nsa.gov, aka www.nsa.gov, which is run by
bbnplanet.com anyway.  The rest of the NSA machines are on ncsc.mil (or
some other .mil)

 --Deviant
All extremists should be taken out and shot.

Thread