1996-10-12 - Constitutional Convention

Header Data

From: azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5b28b99b376e070c0d02740f8c97eb76cc36906ef455d109717a661e7586d0dc
Message ID: <v02130501ae846cd7c1ca@[10.0.2.15]>
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 21:29:55 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 21:29:55 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Constitutional Convention

Have any on the list been following ballot measures aimed at term limits?
In Nevada, one of (I believe 45 states) with such initiatives on the
November ballot, the measure seeks to limit some state offices and requires
the state to call for a Consititutional Convention to limit terms of
Federal Senators and Reps.

If these pass we could be in for some wild times as every disaffected group
(e.g., pro-life) seeks to codify new Amendments in agreement with their pet
cause.

PGP Fingerprint: FE 90 1A 95 9D EA 8D 61  81 2E CC A9 A4 4A FB A9
Snoop Daty Data           | Internet: azur@netcom.com
Grinder                   |
Sacred Cow Meat Co.       |

Counter-cultural technology development our specialty.

Vote Libertarian.

Just say NO to prescription DRUGS.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for
 the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    -- C.S. Lewis

"Surveillence is ultimately just another form of media, and thus, potential
entertainment."
    -- G. Beato

Thread