1996-10-25 - Re: PIS_son

Header Data

From: “Philip L. Karlton” <karlton@netscape.com>
To: The Deviant <deviant@pooh-corner.com>
Message Hash: 646e752f96a52e1e7458f3cd8e83757d4e3a88ddad5e892ecc68d4cfb3d2d178
Message ID: <32700D64.7275@netscape.com>
Reply To: <326D5494.334A@netscape.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-25 00:45:47 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 17:45:47 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: "Philip L. Karlton" <karlton@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 17:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
To: The Deviant <deviant@pooh-corner.com>
Subject: Re: PIS_son

The Deviant wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Jeff Weinstein wrote:
> >   John, I think you are misreading the intent here.  By making
> > it easier to develop separate domestic and exportable
> > versions of a product, we foil the government's attempt to
> > force weak domestic encryption because it is too much work to
> > maintain two different versions.

> Intents are arguments used by idealists.  Netscapes screwing us over.

Please explain your position. The engineering community at Netscape is
doing what it can, within the law, to provide strong crypto to our
customers.

PK
--
Philip L. Karlton			karlton@netscape.com