1996-10-24 - RE: “Countless third world deaths”–who cares?

Header Data

From: jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 68eab1626e70c8ac9fa0c185c122eecdfaaa137f9355ad5637e508261dbd030a
Message ID: <9609248461.AA846180758@smtplink.alis.ca>
Raw Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 08:14:48 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 08:14:48 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: RE: "Countless third world deaths"--who cares?

Hard Media <zaid@hardnet.co.uk> wrote:
>Citibank is a major player in the third world debt crisis.
[Thomas Bass interviewing Citibank's Walter Wriston]

"Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net> wrote:
>Money was lent for economic development projects...some worked,
>some didn't.  Lenders of money don't "cause" deaths. People are
>responsible for their own actions, mostly. If their governments are
>corrupt, they need to replace those governments.

 In Re: Stopping the buying of candidates
"Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net> wrote
>Our political system is already in thrall to various special interests;
> [...] So be it. Let the highest bidder buy the government he can.

In RE: wired wankers
Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net> wrote:
>These are very serious folks [Wriston et al.]. [...]
> Don't get in their way unless you have an angel on your side.
>An angel with a bag of cash, actually.

In Re: Timmy May is a jerk
"Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net> wrote:
>I guess I'm not much of a joiner. I never donated to the United Way

"Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net> wrote:
>If this sounds harsh, so be it.
>Cypherpunks is not about redistributing wealth.

Ahh, but you don't really believe this. Your vision of cypherpunks is all about
redistributing wealth. Just not in the sense you speak of.

There is naivete and then there is complicity.

James

"Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net> wrote:
>People are responsible for their own actions, mostly.

Thread