1996-10-06 - Re: [FACTS] Mountain Meadows Massacre

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a341478bcfeaf11d60ba42a79950d6ed9df9bea771d0db26bae15744cf112f16
Message ID: <36ucVD23w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <9610060035.AA16882@su1.in.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-06 05:26:34 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 13:26:34 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 13:26:34 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [FACTS] Mountain Meadows Massacre

Frank Willoughby <frankw@in.net> writes:

> To Mormons:
> First, Mormonism has nothing to do with cryptography & therefore, has
>  no place on this list.
> Second, CP is not what I would consider to be an appropriate atmosphere
>  for proselytizing.
>
> To Non-Mormons:
> First, Mormonism (or any other religion for that matter) has nothing to
>  do with cryptography & hence has no place on this list.  Let's stick to
>  the subject, please.

Hear, hear. The whole flame war was started singelhandedly by Timmy May who
posted some flame bait/personal attacks, as he had done many times before.

> Last, but not least, I think this list has some great material and offers
> tremendous food for thought.  However, I for one would get a lot more out
> of this list if the Signal to Noise ratio were a little better.  Personally,
> I find that the petty personal attacks and profanity detract from the subject
> at hand and tend to reduce the author's credibility.

Hear, hear.  Timmy May has no credibility.  Just ignore everything he says,
since none of it has anything to do with cryptography.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM