1996-10-24 - Rollerblade Inc. Message

Header Data

From: WEB Tech #5 <webtech5@rollerblade.com>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: a5efb1f8dc558b824ba996b4a49ff6cc6cc142622e58d4aa27524b88ca3cf8df
Message ID: <c=US%a=%p=Rollerblade._Inc%l=EXCHANGE-961024181901Z-1462@mail.rollerblade.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1996-10-24 18:18:49 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 11:18:49 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: WEB Tech #5 <webtech5@rollerblade.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 11:18:49 -0700 (PDT)
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Rollerblade Inc. Message

Today I responded to a rant per request of a cypherpunks@toad.com
member.  I now have been informed that the above news group is not a
general use news group.  I apologize for any extraneous,
non-cryptographic related material that would have been forwarded to all
of you earlier today.  To illustrate my point, this situation would be
similar to someone calling and leaving a message to return the call but
deliberately listing the incorrect phone number.  I have received
numerous replies from many of you and have responded to as many as
possible explaining the situation as best I can.

Being a webtech for a high e-mail volume company like Rollerblade,
topics in cryptography are becoming very important to me.  You can bet
that I will be visiting your Cypherpunks sites frequently to keep up
with the latest trends in cryptographic technologies.

Please excuse my oversight of sending an e-mail reply to an unknown news
group, this situation has definitely opened my eyes to another important
NETicate rule.  Thanks for your understanding.

Skate the World!!!

Webtech5
Rollerblade Consumer Service

Thread