1996-10-08 - RE: WINDOWS NT ????

Header Data

From: craigw@dg.ce.com.au
To: adamsc@io-online.com
Message Hash: a6a6dc9ae653f7af6fb0d5cc761ab237f4b9fad53efcd8e86b93fcf70373bbb7
Message ID: <199610080602.QAA08023@mac.ce.com.au>
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 16:28:25 +0800

Raw message

From: craigw@dg.ce.com.au
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 16:28:25 +0800
To: adamsc@io-online.com
Subject: RE: WINDOWS NT ????

The machine CAN have a floppy...but it must NOT be bootable. If the
floppy is able to be used to boot, than it is not C2 complient.

Remember C2 is not out of the box. Being C2 certified means that the
machine can be MADE to fulfil orange book requirements, not that it
is automatically secure. A machine can have a floppy, but it must
than subsequently be removed or unable to be booted before it is C2.

This is not just floppies, but CD Rom drives etc as well. It must be
configured to boot from ONLY the secured devices
Craig

> Now.  They used to claim C2 for a machine w/floppies.  Now they don't.

        ,'~``.              \|/              ,'``~.
        (-o=o-)            (@ @)            ,(-o=o-),
+--.oooO--(_)--Ooo-----oOO-(_)-OOo-------oooO--(_)--Oooo.------+
|                                                              |
|   Soon, we may all be staring at our computers, wondering    |
|               whether they're staring back.                  |
|                                                              |
| [Network Admin For WPA Business Products.  aka doshai >;-) ] |
|    .oooO        http://pip.com.au/~doshai/      Oooo.        |
|    (   )   Oooo.                        .oooO   (   )        |
Key fingerprint = 2D F4 54 BB B4 EA F1 E7  B6 DE 48 92 FC 8D FF 49
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.
(if I want to give it to you)

Thread