1996-10-25 - Re: Stopping the buying of candidates [RANT]

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b0b006de38cab7738da49eda6dee9fabdb3f951d57baffc47b731f03d5f40a84
Message ID: <3270CC68.3962@gte.net>
Reply To: <199610250358.WAA11949@earth.execpc.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-25 14:24:02 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 07:24:02 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 07:24:02 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Stopping the buying of candidates [RANT]

Matthew J. Miszewski wrote:
> > At 01:40 PM 10/24/96 +0000, Matthew J. Miszewski wrote:
> > >This is my last reply.  I guess I forgot your overarching theory.
> > >Reality, nah.

> > "My last reply"?  Sorta the rhetorical equivalent of "I think I heard my
> > mommy calling," huh?

> Yes Jim, your sparkling wit and incredibly convincing argument has
> made me run for cover.  Remind everyone what your "solution" is
> again.  In case everyone hasn't already *PLONK*ed you.
> Matthew J. Miszewski
> The information revolution has changed wealth: intellectual capital is now far more
> important than money.  -Walter Wriston

I apologize in advance for this.  I only wanted to comment on the Walter Wriston quote
above.  This is the kind of moronic crap they try to brainwash people with in school.
Didn't Hitler say something relevant like "You come at me with your bibles and etc.,
and I'll come with my tanks and guns, and we'll see who wins." (something like that).
Well, we "won", but it wasn't because "the pen is mightier than the sword", etc.

Thread