1996-10-04 - CNET Digital Dispatch Vol. 2 No. 40

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b1cfc6a0a92c84e933766ec1be3c31bd7d7f3b4bf5a4796d51648b98c5f7557d
Message ID: <3.0b16.32.19961004113328.00bb6fa0@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 06:13:07 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 06:13:07 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: CNET Digital Dispatch  Vol. 2 No. 40

This was in the latest version of CNET's e-mail list.

Anyone want to add a few good sound bytes?

>7. "YOUR TURN": ARE ENCRYPTION LAWS TOO STRICT?
>
>The White House has finally loosened up the export restrictions on
>powerful encryption software:
>
>     http://www.news.com/News/Item/0%2C4%2C4003%2C00.html
>
>But the software industry and the Web community generally agree
>it's too little, too late.  How do you feel about the export of
>encryption technology? What about the government's continued
>insistence that law enforcement be availed of a method to decode
>any encrypted message if granted a court order?
>
>To contribute your opinion, phone CNET at 415/395-7805, enter
>extension 5400, and leave a message. We'll listen to the responses
>and broadcast some of the best on CNET Radio.
>
>Each week Digital Dispatch brings you the new "your turn"
>question, and each Wednesday you can hear the responses to the
>previous week's question on CNET Radio:
>
>     http://www.cnet.com/Content/Radio/

---
Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
                "Microsoft -- Nothing but NT promises."

Thread