1996-10-23 - Re: Timmy May is a jerk

Header Data

From: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cd020252891e1eeccc5e54a5bd4373e414b5c79cf4ed3c27f213be43ba10f04c
Message ID: <v03007801ae9324a698d5@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <7H87VD38w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-23 00:37:21 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 17:37:21 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 17:37:21 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Timmy May is a jerk

At 6:05 PM -0400 10/22/96, Ray Arachelian wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>
>> Timmy May continues to post nonsensical praises in his name using
>> an anonymous remailer....
>
>How do you know that it's him?

I'll comment on this only because I plan to comment on another point below.
So, while I'm at it...

I've seen several of these anonymously posted "Tim is a fine person" and
"Tim is a saint amongst saints" messages. I delete them as I do the crud
Vulis posts posts anonymously. In fact, the _style_ of these praise posts
look like a pastiche of Vulis' style...my working assumption is that they
are also being written by Vulis, for his own purposes. (As with that other
crazy Russian, VZNUri, and the nom de nym he adopted since arriving in
America, "Lance (you can call me Larry) Detweiler," Vulis constant refers
to "tentacles" when he is almost certainly _the_ major user of anonymous
posts. Ironic that both Vulis and Detweiler railed against the things they
were themselves the heaviest users of.)

>I have been on this list since 1992 and can attest to the fact that the
>above paragraph which you have written is false.  I have seen more personal
>attacks, flames, racial prejudice, and lies from you than from anyone
>else on here.  I guess you are of the belief that if you lie in every
>message about someone violently enough, eventually someone will believe
>your bullshit.

Vulis is a student of "the Big Lie," the notion that if one repeats a lie
often and loudly enough, it begins to be believed. Hey, it worked for
Adolph.

As I've said, I've received several messages from twits asking me why I'm
not defending myself on a daily basis against Vulis, and speculating that
perhaps this means Vulis is right and I am indeed a dandruff-covered
homosexual Sovok Tchurka Jew.

Several of these correspondents are now residents in that part of
cyberspace I call my killfile.

By the way, I have remained utterly silent on this "Let's fly Dimitri to
the Bay Area!" nonsense (except for some private mail to Sandy and R.
Wombat about it). I personally think this whole "Dimitri fund" is a lousy
idea. First, it has consumed bandwidth (at least 30-40 messages, I figure).
Second, the result was predictable, that DLV would of course dangle his
answer for days or weeks, but would ultimately worm out of a straight
answer. Third, it sends the wrong message. I choose to killfile jerks, not
reward them with airfare and hotel accomomadations! If fools and jerks are
rewarded with trips for their boorishness, guess what we'll get? Yes, even
more boors and knaves.

Oh, and I certainly hope no one expected _my_ attendance at that "Vulis
greets the Bay Aryans" meeting. I certainly wouldn't drive 100 miles to San
Francisco to meet a cretin like Vulis.

I suggest that, as with Detweiler and as with other disruptors, _attention_
is what he craves. The more the list is disrupted, the better he likes it.
All of this foo-faw about whether he'll accept "our" invitation (Sandy's,
of course), and all of the denunciations of his rants, just feeds this
process.

No, I won't "take the pledge" to stop talking about him, as some are
already starting to do. I believe in actions, not slogans. I guess I'm not
much of a joiner. I never donated to the United Way, so I'm not real big
either on "Take the Pledge!!" campaigns. Killfiles are a lot more direct.

--Tim May

"The government announcement is disastrous," said Jim Bidzos,.."We warned IBM
that the National Security Agency would try to twist their technology."
[NYT, 1996-10-02]
Higher Power: 2^1,257,787-1 | black markets, collapse of governments.