1996-10-13 - Op-Ed piece

Header Data

From: azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cd7f404bcc46ef2ab3c70aa7831ffd9d99da8f1aba688e3ecc5964fdf28d898f
Message ID: <v02130501ae867e26c70b@[10.0.2.15]>
Raw Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 11:17:53 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 11:17:53 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Op-Ed piece

We all complain how the media are actively ignoring the crypto issues
during the campaign.  Here's a chance for us to quickly do something with
some impact beyond our group.

I'm looking insert an (1000-2000 word) op-ed piece or letter to the editor
in my local Sunday paper presenting a non-technical,
Libertarian/cypherpunk, view of the present crypto situation, our
objections to the government's proposals, etc.  Does anyone have a
suggestion on where to find such an animal?  I'd rather not spend the next
day or two writing one.

Perhaps we could coordinate a plan to have the same piece inserted next
Sunday in various newspapers.

-- Steve

Thread