1996-10-04 - Re: ITAR satellite provision

Header Data

From: Adamsc@io-online.com (Adamsc)
To: “Greg Broiles” <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Message Hash: d7154aca1346f3c6fce7f4301daa9e68365d8d496bf8dc8bd1408d0089692f75
Message ID: <19961004020539265.AAJ223@GIGANTE>
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 20:58:01 +0800

Raw message

From: Adamsc@io-online.com (Adamsc)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 20:58:01 +0800
To: "Greg Broiles" <jimbell@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: ITAR satellite provision

On Wed, 02 Oct 1996 09:28:22 -0800, jim bell wrote:

>>     "Export means, for purposes of this subchapter:
>[snip]
>>*   A launch vehicle or payload shall not, by reason of the launching
>>*   of such vehicle, be considered an export for purposes of this
>>*   subchapter.  Most of the requirements of this subchapter relate
>>    only to exports, as defined above.  However, for certain limited
>>    purposes, the controls of this subchapter apply to sales and other
>>    transfers of defense articles and defense services (see, e.g., Sec.
>>    126.1) of this subchapter."
>

>Okay, everybody, call Estes!  We've got some crypto to export...er...launch!

For some reason I'm getting a very comical picture here of a Crypto-CD inside
one of those cylindrical oatmeal boxes with about 50 F model-rocket engines
strapped to it....

Now, if you could just hit Airforce 1 on the way over - call it sending a
message.

#  Chris Adams <adamsc@io-online.com>   | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
#  <cadams@acucobol.com>		 | send mail with subject "send PGPKEY"
"That's our advantage at Microsoft; we set the standards and we can change them."
   --- Karen Hargrove, Microsoft (quoted in the Feb 1993 Unix Review editorial)

Thread