1996-10-29 - Re: copyright violations

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: Karen Jacobs <jacobs@tfn.com>
Message Hash: ed4cf5b4b9c47ed1b55515badec79ea80a6d7ef2bf458c3f8ba490c9d6b7245c
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.961029092058.12454F-100000@well.com>
Reply To: <274DF7B0.3038@tfn.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-29 17:27:12 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 09:27:12 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 09:27:12 -0800 (PST)
To: Karen Jacobs <jacobs@tfn.com>
Subject: Re: copyright violations

I do hope that Karen isn't trying a Scientology gambit. Fair use excerpts
of "their material" are protected, no?

-Declan

On Mon, 28 Oct 1996, Karen Jacobs wrote:

>      FYI, American Banker and all sister publications are copyrighted
>      material.  As such, only very few select third parties have permission
>      to redistribute our material.  Please notify us immediately of any
>      third party contacting you with our material so that we may protect
>      our copyright.  Do not redistribute any information you receive from a
>      third party.

Thread