1996-10-05 - Re: Did Sun get a sweetheart deal?

Header Data

From: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ee651f3701c885508b8ca6d5db1344056c67de2c21acb2e0cbf409cba93631cf
Message ID: <v0300780aae7afca2c37b@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <199610040109.SAA23900@slack.lne.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-05 01:36:31 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 09:36:31 +0800

Raw message

From: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 09:36:31 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Did Sun get a sweetheart deal?

At 1:50 AM -0400 10/4/96, Simon Spero wrote:
>On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Eric Murray wrote:
>> In addition, I had lunch today with the people I used to work
>> with/for at Sun, who're probably the most likely to be asked to implement
>> such a thing.  They haven't heard anything about it and were quite dismayed
>> at the whole idea.
>
>I'd love to know what John Gage says about this, since in the past I
>believe he's used been "Over My Dead Body" on GAK.

You hadn't heard?

Sadly, John Gage was run over in the Sun Microsystems parking lot two weeks
ago.
The driver was not apprehended, but an APB for hit-and-run is out on black
Ford  Contintental with the license plate "WeBeSpooks."

Jim Bidzos was narrowly missed by the same car, and now supports GAK.

--Klaus! von Future Prime

"The government announcement is disastrous," said Jim Bidzos,.."We warned IBM
that the National Security Agency would try to twist their technology."
[NYT, 1996-10-02]
Higher Power: 2^1,257,787-1 | black markets, collapse of governments.