1996-10-11 - Re: What are the flaws with FV payment system?

Header Data

From: Kip DeGraaf <kip@monroe.lib.mi.us>
To: Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb@nsb.fv.com>
Message Hash: fb07c932dd7459e02ed424956ac4cc69d51cdd985cf62d80df0d53ce927fc785
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.961011103322.15063A-100000@monroe.lib.mi.us>
Reply To: <MmLYS37Cz0E5EjlJMQ@nsb.fv.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-11 14:49:45 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 07:49:45 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Kip DeGraaf <kip@monroe.lib.mi.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 07:49:45 -0700 (PDT)
To: Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb@nsb.fv.com>
Subject: Re: What are the flaws with FV payment system?

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Nathaniel Borenstein wrote:

> Excerpts from mail: 10-Oct-96 What are the flaws with FV .. Kip
> DeGraaf@monroe.lib.m (1410*)
>
> > I only received this an hour ago.  I would very much like to attend, but
> > can't put my fingers on the detailed analysis of FV's flaws in their
> > system, which I would like to bring up in person at this seminar.
>
> > Could someone please point me in the right direction?
>
> I'm very sorry that you apparently didn't show up to discuss your
> concerns; I thought the talk went quite well, with some good give and
> take, but nobody really tried hard to tear apart FV's system.  Believe
> it or not, that was a disappointment to me.  I always enjoy an open
> debate with a spirited opponent.

I'm rather sorry too.  I found the information at http://www.c2.org/nofv
to be of interest and would have liked an answer to the privacy issue
specifically and the other issues brought up by that document.

Unfortunately I had a work-related problem that kept me from
leaving Monroe in time to make the trip up to East Lansing.

If you would answer that point on privacy, that was to be the main
interest I had in attending the meeting.  Having read through the
material offered at http://www.fv.com, I still feel the privacy issue and
the ability to intercept email confirmations still haven't been
addressed.  You discuss email interception in
http://www.fv.com/pubdocs/FAQ-security.txt, but that document is from
Nov, 1995 and doesn't address the concern adequately in my opinion.

Thread