1996-11-19 - Re: [NOISE] U.S. CIA employee caught spying

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: trei@process.com
Message Hash: 028a5743da87468a8d0f413e15fcd77cccd77b361f97d57d408dcc3ff8328e05
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.961119154849.13259E-100000@polaris>
Reply To: <199611191440.GAA14684@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-19 20:50:49 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 12:50:49 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 12:50:49 -0800 (PST)
To: trei@process.com
Subject: Re: [NOISE] U.S. CIA employee caught spying

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996 trei@process.com wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 09:42:01 +0000
> From: trei@process.com
> To: cypherpunks@toad.com
> Cc: trei@toad.com
> Subject: Re: [NOISE] U.S. CIA employee caught spying
>
>  Tim Scanlon <tfs@adsl-122.cais.com> writes:
> > This is on the local DC news;
> > Harold Nicholson age 46, a CIA employee was arrested for spying today
> > at Dulles airport. He allegedly has been working for the Russians
> > for the past 2 years.
> > He was caught after he failed a series of polys, and bank account
> > irregularities had been noticed, as well as suspcious travel.
> > They got him on hidden video apperently photocopying documents
> > that he intended to pass along.
> > Tim
>
> If he's found guilty, I hope that they throw the book at the traitor. He
> apparently  was a trainer of agents, and as such was in a positiona to
> identify many to the Russians. I wonder how many died so he could
> earn his $140,000?

It seems clear that none died.

He had access (but its unclear if he turned over) a list of every agent
trained in the last two years.

--
Forward complaints to : European Association of Envelope Manufactures
Finger for Public Key   Gutenbergstrasse 21;Postfach;CH-3001;Bern

Thread