1996-11-11 - Re: Movement Tracking Systems and Smartcards

Header Data

From: peter.allan@aeat.co.uk (Peter M Allan)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 02bbef18159c927d1ca6c0aefe77c269284cbd8f9d29d05f094674100ee65e7c
Message ID: <9611111754.AA19234@clare.risley.aeat.co.uk>
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:54:14 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: peter.allan@aeat.co.uk (Peter M Allan)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:54:14 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Movement Tracking Systems and Smartcards

Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 11:23:29 -0800
From: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Movement Tracking Systems and Smartcards

> helping to solve crimes. I expect the Big Three of credit-reporting
> agencies are of course also in the loop....those movies where someone is
> located because they foolishly used an ATM machine to get some cash or used
> their credit card are not just fiction.)

Exactly.  I was interviewed over a terrorist double-murder in 1993
because of having used an ATM near the scene the same day.
The fact that I did so AFTER the explosions by which time
the terrorists would presumably be far away cut no ice.
Nobody has been arrested for this AFAIK.

They wanted to know which shops I'd bought what in
so they could check said items were sold that day I suppose.

As it seems nothing can be taken as read in some minds let
me state I had nothing to do with that or other terrorist crimes.

 -- Peter Allan    peter.allan@aeat.co.uk

Thread