1996-11-19 - Re: Censor John Gilmore – EFF is a disgrace!

Header Data

From: “George A. Stathis” <hyperlex@hol.gr>
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Message Hash: 0b04d8fbe70fe99ca75b9a2fd85f1fec3e01d7952c7c73b69d91a84c0dbceedf
Message ID: <199611190509.DAA13737@prometheus.hol.gr>
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 17:21:04 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "George A. Stathis" <hyperlex@hol.gr>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 17:21:04 -0800 (PST)
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Subject: Re: Censor John Gilmore -- EFF is a disgrace!

Dear "Info",

Mr. Stephen Boursy has made a number of important revelations here.
I went back and read nearly all his posts, and I will say this _again_,
I have found NOTHING to suggest a lack of reliability in what he says.

I am in no way affiliated to Mr. Boursy. I have never seen his face, even.

In fact I had hardly noticed Mr. Boursy's presence till only a few days
ago, when the forcible expulsion of Russian Mathematician Dimitri Vulis
from the "cypherpunks" list fell like a bomb over my naive gullible head.
Only AFTER this, I started reading ALL the previous postings that I had
missed (about 60-70 % of them).

I decided to find out what's happening.

I saw OBVIOUS things, and OBVIOUS LIES, since as a lurker who kept
ALL previous postings (in the Freedom-Knights list and elsewhere) I could
COMPARE my archives to what people claimed.  More often than not, to
my amazement, what a LOT of people claimed were packs of lies. And against
Mr. Boursy and Mr. Dimitri Vulis in particular, entire SEWAGES of lies.

'
So I forward this info to... "INFO", the Weekly Net-Supplement of
"Eleftherotypia", Greece's largest and most democratic newspaper.

The Greek public are rather well informed on the "shiny" side of the
Internet. But (the director of "Info" and I) have met and discussed,
on two occasions, a few months ago,  ALSO the "DARK" side....

Our only problem, is VOLUME. It's like trying to clean up a shit-hole
which has spilled the shit even outside itself, in the garden... :-)

(The AMERICAN section of the internet, i.e. MOST of it).

Here goes...

Thread