1996-11-14 - Re: A Disservice to Mr. Bell

Header Data

From: hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0cf80c60a7dc04b52326b5d348b327ec9d7023c5d32b93f0a734c10c317746a7
Message ID: <9611140425.AA01113@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 20:20:43 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: hallam@vesuvius.ai.mit.edu
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 20:20:43 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: A Disservice to Mr. Bell

Jim Bell writes

> There are, I think, two reasons that the equity court system (and their
> sleazy lawyers, both on and off the bench) are worried.  First, what they

> have now is, effectively, a monopoly on "justice."  The re-emergence of
> commonlaw courts would provide competition that has been long gone.
Think
> of it like any monopoly that suddenly has to accept competition.

A bunch of self selected whackos running a kangeroo court does not mark a
return to "commonlaw courts". Such courts do not exist within the
constitution
of the United States. Unlike the UK the US has a written constitution, if
it isn't written down on paper then it does not exist. The structure of the
courts, the legislature and such was the principle task of the
constitution,
that is why the bill of rights is a set of ammendments - they were an
afterthought.

I think the courts are worried the way a truck driver is worried about
roadkill.

Its always the agent-provocateurs who are the loudest voices. If I was an
FBI agent looking to snare a few pillocks I would be trolling in
cypherpunks with an AP like story. I would also be boasting about my
knowing about people in hiding...

If Bell and Thorn are Freeh's agents then would they kindly bugger off
and find another place to troll. Alternatively they could arrest each
other.

		Phill

Thread