1996-11-06 - Re: just what we #$%^&* needed from big brother….

Header Data

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
To: cypherpunks <Adamsc@io-online.com>
Message Hash: 16de7cafa689110f44e9a6349b4b7072536becf27e3cb3fcfbcdcf424004b828
Message ID: <Pine.BSI.3.95.961106053612.6973A-100000@usr03.primenet.com>
Reply To: <19961106015118734.AAA249@localhost>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-06 07:06:52 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 23:06:52 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: attila <attila@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 23:06:52 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks <Adamsc@io-online.com>
Subject: Re: just what we #$%^&* needed from big brother....

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Adamsc wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Nov 96 19:15:39 +0000, attila@primenet.com wrote:
>
> >Welcome to 1984+  what else with useless and illegally constituted
> >bureaucrats add to their total infringement of every facet of our life.
> >
> >-.NEW SYSTEM LINKS LENDERS, IRS
>
> >-.information for the previous couple of years.  If the cross-check turns up a
> >-.more than $10,000 discrepancy between the earnings claimed on the application
> >-.and those declared for tax purposes, the IRS has the option of pursuing the
>
> This isn't actually the end of the world.  In fact we should be applauding
> their efforts to make their abominable system more efficient.  Whether it
> should be scraped is another issue.   In other words, as long as they are
> going to do it, they might as well do it right.

	my point is more towards: "...here goes another direct batch of
    information directly into the federal computers --home location and
    the link between real and 'imagined' income which immediately opens
    the door for the IRS CID to start a tax-fraud investigation which
    quickly leads to liens on your property, etc. while they audit the
    living life out of you.  just one more piece, a major one at that, in
    the national databank ready to persecute you....

    To be a ruler of men, you need at least 12 inches....
    There is no safety this side of the grave.  Never was; never will be.

Thread