1996-11-21 - Re: Anderson & Kuhn’s “Improved DFA” paper

Header Data

From: “Matthew J. Miszewski” <mjmiski@execpc.com>
To: stewarts@ix.netcom.com
Message Hash: 3262298155c68d21e47d8949c93fed8d12db469c976ac7a1f302b63dac6c5cee
Message ID: <199611211539.JAA01275@mail.execpc.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 07:40:12 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Matthew J. Miszewski" <mjmiski@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 07:40:12 -0800 (PST)
To: stewarts@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Anderson & Kuhn's "Improved DFA" paper

> It's also an opportunity for some well-timed press releases.
> Clipper 1's reputation was severely damaged by Matt's attack.
> Anybody know if HP's giving out samples, and if there are real or test
> GAK plugins for them?

I agree. There are many people on the list with contacts with the
media (or ARE the media :).  There was a time that I would suggest
posting all of our media lists to cypherpunks but, unfortunately, I
fear that would no longer be productive.  So...

I suggest everyone fire up their fax modems and send out to all of
the contacts we each have personally.  Even local papers can be
important in this action.  Make sure your local ISPs understand the
issues (and maybe even release it in a newsletter or daily email.

> HP URL http://www.dmo.hp.com/gsy/security/icf/main.html
>
> The paper was posted to coderpunks, and it's on
>         ftp://ftp.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/rja14/dfa
> Here's the intro:
>                    Improved Differential Fault Analysis
>
>                       Ross J Anderson, Markus G Kuhn