1996-11-04 - Re: Telling quote from Bernstein hearing

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@eff.org>
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 374cc560c3e4eced63556f74e36f2ddf990aba1e4331eb492fbf03bbcb8a6d06
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.961103183821.8637A-100000@eff.org>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9611022225.A214-0100000@netcom9>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-04 02:40:00 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 18:40:00 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@eff.org>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 18:40:00 -0800 (PST)
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Telling quote from Bernstein hearing

Tony Coppolino was also the Justice Department's lead attorney in the CDA
case in Philadelphia. The Feds are grooming lawyers who have a clue about
the Net.

-Declan

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Lucky Green wrote:

> In the recent hearing of the Bernstein case, Anthony Coppolino for the
> Justice Department said:
>

> "We don't care about the theory; we don't care about
> the idea Mr. Bernstein has, which was to take a particular type
> of algorithm and use it to allow for an encrypted interactive
> conversation.  That's his idea.
> We don't care about his idea; we care about the
> result of what it can do."
> http://www.eff.org/pub/Privacy/ITAR_export/Bernstein_case/Legal/
> 960920.transcript
>
> Encrypted interactive conversations seem to be something to be concerned
> about...They are afraid of us.
>
> -- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
>    Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
>    Vote Harry Browne for President.

// declan@eff.org // I do not represent the EFF // declan@well.com //

Thread