1996-11-14 - Re: Censor John Gilmore – EFF is a disgrace! [NOISE] [NEEDLESS TO SAY]

Header Data

From: Rich Graves <rcgraves@ix.netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3755f6bef746fc376d920aa467ba5efa81c3a2a7d00012cf90ad32dfbd3ecd4d
Message ID: <328B99EE.8D3@ix.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199611141440.IAA06766@mailhost.onramp.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-14 22:15:40 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 14:15:40 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Rich Graves <rcgraves@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 14:15:40 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Censor John Gilmore -- EFF is a disgrace! [NOISE] [NEEDLESS TO SAY]

aga wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>
> > I am amused. I gave Dave Hayes about an 8.5 out of 10 on the scale
> > of meaningless political rants.

You've got a low tolerance. I'd only give him a 7.

> Jealousy rears it's ugly head.  You just wish you had the credibility
> that Dave Hayes has.

Wow.

> This Declan_McCullagh is a long-time cabal.member, so his critique
> of a Freedom-Knight like Dave Hayes is to be given short shrift.

Wrong. The Cabal (TINC) voted en masse against rec.music.white-powder;
Declan took your side, and even violated the fascist Cabal Rules by
distributing a marked ballot on a closed mailing list. He's been on the
Cabal (TINC) shit list (TINSH) ever since.

> None of that analogy is applicable to the cyberpunks list.
> When a list gets as big as that, it it no longer to be considered
> a "mailing-list" but it is a _public_ forum.  The whole problem
> here is the abuse of power by both the EFF and John Gilmore.

Then why are you still posting? I thought The Cabal (TINC) had ordered
you into the Gulag.

> No, he is saying that people can use an e-mail filter and not listen
> to Vulis if they want to.  It was a very simple thing; are you too
> uneducated to know how to use an e-mail filter?

No, I can assure you that he does.

Love,

-rich
 netscum, http://www.mindspring.com/~netscum/gravesr0.html