1996-11-13 - Re: a retort + a comment + a question = [RANT]

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: SUCRUM22_at_INDY-ADP@smtp-gw.cv62.navy.mil
Message Hash: 3a658210a52e002cf6f5d73f31944fec72c8c689892e022c71772fc426584b17
Message ID: <199611132026.OAA02005@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <9610108476.AA847661103@smtp-gw.cv62.navy.mil>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-13 20:23:16 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:23:16 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:23:16 -0800 (PST)
To: SUCRUM22_at_INDY-ADP@smtp-gw.cv62.navy.mil
Subject: Re: a retort + a comment + a question = [RANT]

Some Swabbie scribbled:
>  tim may wrote:
>  >"...and that discussions of other topics bother you should be a clear
>  >indication you're probably on the wrong list."
>         uh, that's _why_ i am on this list...
>  >"Having a "navy.mil" domain probably is another reason, unless you
>  >are only hear to monitor our discussions of using cryptography to
>  >undermine the state, to liberate military secrets with BlackNet and
>  >the Information Liberation Front, and to punish the millions of
>  >those in the military-industrial complex who have so richly earned
>  >their eventual punishments.
>         military secrets, eh?  tell me something mr may, what secrets
>  have you uncovered in your undaunting quest to expose those corrupt

     Believe me, if Blacknet ever becomes a reality, there will be
military secrets for sale.

>  little guys in uniform?  mr may - i serve in the US Navy so you don't

     The little guys corruption isn't a secret. I was there, and I know.
Little People have Little Minds, and the scope of their corruption is
mostly minor and annoying.

>  military does for the US is a good thing.  i skipped collage (don't
>  ask why) after graduating early from HS to enlist in the navy.

     Didn't like your art classes?

>  keeping you free to bitch is why i am here.  never forget that the
>  freedom you enjoy comes with a price, mr may.
>         the schools that you send your kids to (forgive me if you're
>  celibate or childless) are run by the govt.  am i saying they do a good
>  job?  not necessarily, but what i _am_ saying is that your kids _still_

     They did a better job when the governments _didn't_ run them, or at
least the Federal Government didn't run them.

>  go.  i am almost positive, despite attempts to the contrary, that you
>  make use of the US postal system.

     The US Postal System is not a government agency, it is a private
company with a guarenteed monopoly.

> the phone lines that you connect
>  that computer to were installed by - guess who? - there are a hundred

    The local Phone Companies, not the government.

>  other things you and i and everyone use that wouldn't be there if it
>  weren't for the USG (or state/county/municipal govt's).  tell me mr

    Things like Jails for drug users, Massive corruption and forced
economic redistribuion. Idiotic laws &etc. Yes, lots of things that wouldn't
be there.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow@smoke.suba.com