1996-11-16 - Re: National Emergency

Header Data

From: silly@ugcs.caltech.edu ((me))
To: mlist-cypherpunks@nntp-server.caltech.edu
Message Hash: 4851fa766998c9791d520eec790710b96fde14b03bdd1f9a5d99ea6057906d5d
Message ID: <56jfp1$l8r@gap.cco.caltech.edu>
Reply To: <cypherpunks.v03007800aeb2dc721dbf@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-16 04:26:36 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 20:26:36 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: silly@ugcs.caltech.edu ((me))
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 20:26:36 -0800 (PST)
To: mlist-cypherpunks@nntp-server.caltech.edu
Subject: Re: National Emergency

"Timothy C. May" <tcmay@got.net> writes:

>Use the source, young Hal! While the White House Web site may not have it
>online, Alta Vista turns up 113 hits (though not all valid) to it.

>Basically, this was one of the alphabet soup of Emergency Orders, National
>Security Decision Directives, and Executive Decisions passed or enacted
>(sometimes in secrecy) during the last 30 years of the Continuing Emergency.
I've spent a great deal of time looking for an archive of these sorts of
actions, especially executive orders, but in general *all* the crap that
spews from the White House.  Is there one?  Most of my searches led to
dead links.

I know that the WhiteHouse.gov site has Clinton's EO's (searchable, or,
with a little finagling, a list of them), but I want *all* of them.

I'd love to see a site which has all these things.

(me)

Thread