1996-11-17 - opinions on www.accutrade.com security?

Header Data

From: CaShaky@aol.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6d2149f0746632eff0a8230e3e22c01c97f0f9301851f4059c368b92a97f22d9
Message ID: <961116232020227622933@emout04.mail.aol.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1996-11-17 04:21:03 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 20:21:03 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: CaShaky@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 20:21:03 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: opinions on www.accutrade.com security?

Hi,

Do any of you security knowledgeable people have any information on the
security of accutrade? I opened an account with them prior to subscribing
<sp? lol> to this list. I am now considering closing said account because of
what i have learned from this list. How easy or hard would it be for a hacker
to diddle with the accounts? To access the accounts all you need is a 9 digit
account number and a 4 digit pin number. But from what I have gleaned from
here is that the real leak in security is in attacking the OS directly.

If this post is inappropriate to this list I apoligize in advance, but i have
come to the conclusion that there are very bright and knowledgeable people on
this list (once you filter out the noise) and would appreciate your opinions.

Thank you
CaShaky

Thread