1996-11-17 - Re: Members of Parliament Problem

Header Data

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
To: Rich Graves <rcgraves@ix.netcom.com>
Message Hash: 8591623050a1ccdb70586991e6d900d0ab8e54daa483b7250c5955681edf89af
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.961117133019.11544A-100000@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Reply To: <328D0476.4C3B@ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-17 18:39:16 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 10:39:16 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 10:39:16 -0800 (PST)
To: Rich Graves <rcgraves@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Members of Parliament Problem

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Rich Graves wrote:

> Peter Hendrickson wrote:
> >

> > There are times when one wishes to speak anonymously, yet speak
> > as a member of a group.
>
> You either need to trust a shared server to know and then blind your
> identity, or trust the people with whom you share a secret key not to
> give that key to non-group members.

Why not use  blinding for obtaining the certificate?

Create a number up public/private key pairs, blind them, then do the
cut-and-choose thing with the security officer. He signs the blinded key,
then returns it. Unblind the remaining pubic key, and you've got a public
key with the appropriate signature on it.

Simon

 ---
If I can get my key back,   it's Key Recovery
If you can get my key back, it's Key Escrow

Thread