1996-11-08 - Re: [rant] Race

Header Data

From: “Peter Trei” <trei@process.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a0f088372ab53e0904cdb2b4bdc628fe0d5f771e1e4dfba830d9ce79ff1dc95d
Message ID: <199611081449.GAA02913@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 06:49:39 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Peter Trei" <trei@process.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 06:49:39 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [rant] Race

Sean Roach wrote:
> Sandy Sandfort wrote:
>> >What you mean WE, white man?  ...
> At first I was afraid to comment, as I have been more than vocal in the last
> 24 hours, but then I decided that I thought this important enough to bring up.
> This was the first time on this list that I noticed such an obvious
> reference to race, granted I'm fairly new to the list,(quite new in fact),
> and when I think about it, there were several references to Russians and
> Jews in some of the other posts about Dr. Vulis and his practices.
[...]

I think Sandy is actually refering to an old joke:
-------------------------
The Lone Ranger and Tonto found themselves cornered in a box canyon by
1,000 Apache braves, all screaming for the LR's blood after he had [grossly
offended them in some arbitrary way].

As the Redskins approached from all directions, arrows and tomahawks
struck the bodies of Silver and Scout, behind which the two brave
vigilantes had taken cover. Suddenly, the Lone Ranger ran out of
ammunition (silver bullets are expensive). Turning to his faithful Native
AmerIndian companion, the LR saw that Tonto, too,  was down to his last
bullet. With tears staining his mask, he said:

"Well, old friend, it looks like this is it - I don't see any way we can get out
of here alive."

Tonto looked back at his mentor and master of so many years, deep in thought,
and came to a decision. Reaching into his shirt he produced an eagle feather.
Sticking this in his hair, he leveled his gun at the Lone Ranger, and said:

"What's this 'we' bit, White Man?"
---------------------------

ObCrypto: Is it true that "Kemo Sabe" is Abanake for "Horse's Ass"?

Peter Trei
trei@process.com

Peter Trei
Senior Software Engineer