1996-11-17 - Re: Giving Kill Files a Workout…

Header Data

From: “Dr. Jai Maharaj” <jai@aloha.com>
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Message Hash: a1a039238beb1f608d5380ba18acd609d9b96c228d23899fbf7f247d799ba46a
Message ID: <Pine.BSI.3.95.961116154415.792A-100000@aloha.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 17:52:32 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Dr. Jai Maharaj" <jai@aloha.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 17:52:32 -0800 (PST)
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Subject: Re: Giving Kill Files a Workout...

On Sun, 17 Nov 1996 02:24:11 -0200 UTC,
in message <199611170424.CAA09647@prometheus.hol.gr>,
"George A. Stathis" <hyperlex@hol.gr> wrote:
> [...]
> Rather infuriating, too, that newbies are PATRONISED. [...]

The practice is widespread in the newsgroups, of course. Years
ago when I first started participating in the security and
crypto groups I received many messages from vigilantes who
instructed me to pay no attention to certain posters.  It
became quite obvious after only a few days that the persons to
be avoided and censored were the creative ones with new ideas
and the promise for a better Net.  On the other hand, the
self-appointed cops were the unimaginative pipsqueaks who
were, quite frankly, involved in promoting only their
mediocrity.  They felt threatened by the wiser and brighter.

> Lastly, I have now read nearly ALL of Dimitri Vulis'
> postings (in the F-K list), and consider it CRIMINAL
> censorship if anyone tries to stop him from speaking out.
> His talent at exposing fallacies is magnificient. This is
> the beginning of the END of pimping-on-the-net in the name
> of "privacy". George

His work in exposing the thugs of  lava.net  aka
lava(tory).net  is really appreciated here in Hawaii [*] by
freedom-loving netters.  Thanks to Dr. Vulis and others, the
Cabal (spit) and the Lynch Mob (vomit) are nearly dead.

Hawaii Footnote [*]

A member of the international press who is traveling with
President Clinton during his vacation here asked me earlier
today, "How's the Internet doing, got a story for me?"  I think
I may suggest the issues being discussed here.  Perhaps non-
governmental-censorship matters have not received enough
attention in the mass-media yet.

Jai Maharaj            Aloha!

Thread