1996-11-16 - Re: Validating SSNs

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: Rich Graves <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: af2f379049f3cec20eaeb19ffaaa299b69da0da43210e357a4ed282e4ad384ca
Message ID: <3.0b36.32.19961116152211.00c8c718@panix.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 12:26:02 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 12:26:02 -0800 (PST)
To: Rich Graves <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Validating SSNs

>Timothy C. May wrote:
>>
>> Indeed, I protected my privacy decades ago by discarding my issued SSN
>> and substituting a different one. This "phony SSN" is what I use on my
>> tax returns, my credit cards, and for my employers.
>>
>> Ha! None of them know that this is not my True Social Security Number!
>>
>> By this I protect my privacy.

"The Iliad" and "The Odyssey" were not written by Homer but by another
Greek of the same name.

Old joke.

Might I suggest though that you use varying SS numbers and varying names,
addresses, and Dates of Birth so that you deny The Great Enemy a Key_field
in the database of life.

DCF

Thread