1996-11-12 - RE: His and Her Anarchies

Header Data

From: jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca
To: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Message Hash: b85c995f2c1a36c31aade546bef095806f3e9c78fc24fbd2ece0d757ea5de131
Message ID: <9610128478.AA847817238@smtplink.alis.ca>
Raw Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 05:48:00 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 05:48:00 -0800 (PST)
To: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Subject: RE: His and Her Anarchies

jbugden@smtplink.alis.ca wrote:
>Most reasonable sophisticated men are happier in an environment that >included
women.

Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net> wrote:
>I think if people were really honest, they'd admit that, by and large,
>men like men and women like women.

Well, ignoring the narcissistic overtones of your comment, and the fact that I
was quoting David Gelernter from Yale, I could point out the qualifier
"reasonably sophisticated" or the relative comparator "happier", but I think it
will suffice to say that an environment that included women may just include
your mother.

And wouldn't we all be happier with our mommy around?

Ciao,
James

You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of
the time, but you can't fool mom.

Thread