1996-11-15 - Inside Currents Vol. 1, No. 6

Header Data

From: Newsletter <vedekgar@compcurr.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list NEWSLETTER <NEWSLETTER@MAIL.COMPCURR.COM>
Message Hash: b8fea6a0ef866191f4920f82f310946b77a5b265b38822a6aab4550ed73744be
Message ID: <3.0.32.19961114171734.009b8210@mail.compcurr.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:25:50 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Newsletter <vedekgar@compcurr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:25:50 -0800 (PST)
To: Multiple recipients of list NEWSLETTER             <NEWSLETTER@MAIL.COMPCURR.COM>
Subject: Inside Currents Vol. 1, No. 6

Inside Currents
Vol 1, No. 6
November 1996

This is the electronic newsletter you requested when
you joined Computer Currents Interactive at
http://www.currents.net.
in the header blank.  In the body, simply type

unsubscribe newsletter

For security reasons you will then receive a message asking
you to confirm your actions by replying with an "ok"
(without quotes) in the body of your message.

If this newsletter has been forwarded to you
and you wish to SUBSCRIBE, you may join
Computer Currents Interactive at
http://www.currents.net.

If you have any further questions,
please send a message to insidecurrents@compcurr.com.

IN THIS INSIDE CURRENTS:

1. Our online computer forums are up and running. Get some free advice!
        http://www.currents.net/

2. We've launched a new section: The Computer Advisor
        http://www.currents.net/cciu/advisor/advisor.html

3.  If you're looking to buy computer equipment, try NetQuote.
        http://www.currents.net/services/netquote/netquote.html

4.  BookPoint: We've made it easier for you to buy books in our online
database
        http://www.bookpoint.com/

5. COMDEX-Meet us in Las Vegas at the biggest computer show in the country.

1. Get some free advice: Our online computer forums are up and running.

We've opened up our bulletin boards to give Computer Currents Interactive
users some free advice.  Our online forums are fast becoming the best place
to stop in with your computer questions and to share your experience and
compare notes with others.  Watch for advice from our computer
advisors-industry experts who will help you get the most out of your computer.

        http://www.currents.net/

2. We've launched a new section: The Computer Advisor

In our newly redesigned Computer Advisor section, you'll find state-of-the
industry news and reviews, along with simple how -to materials to help you
use your computer to its best advantage.  We also offer up HelpLinks to the
most helpful sites on the web.

        http://www.currents.net/cciu/advisor/advisor.html

3.  If you're looking to buy computer equipment, try NetQuote.

Our easy-to-use service brings computer stores to you. You tell us what kind
of equipment you want. We'll send your specifications out to stores in your
area, and they'll contact you with a price quote. It's minimum-effort
comparison shopping, exclusively for our members

        http://www.currents.net/services/netquote/netquote.html

4.  BookPoint: We've made it easier for you to buy books in our online
database

Beginning this week, you'll find current computer-related bestseller
books available online at a 10% discount.  Also in BookPoint (our partnership
with Stacey's Professional Bookstore) you can access our growing database of
professional books.  All the books are available to CCI members at a discount.

        http://www.bookpoint.com/books/picks.html

5. COMDEX-Meet us in Las Vegas at the biggest computer trade show in the
country

It's the biggest computer tribal gathering of the year, and we'll be at
Pavilion #4, booth #P4705 just outside of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Stop by to meet our staff, tell us what you like (and dislike) about our
site and what you'd like to see more of in the future. Viva Las Vegas!

Computer Currents Interactive   http://www.currents.net