1996-11-11 - DOUBLE the Reward for Errors in Digital Cash

Header Data

From: pcw@access.digex.net (Peter Wayner)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c38effabed404fe95354050d6cc4cc47994fd1e9f0d77ee538179baa4664f70a
Message ID: <v02140b13aead207feeba@[199.125.128.5]>
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:38:04 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: pcw@access.digex.net (Peter Wayner)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:38:04 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: DOUBLE the Reward for Errors in _Digital Cash_

Last week, I offered $10 for the first person to report any
technical errors in the first edition of my book, _Digital
Cash_. I got many good suggestions for additional topics to add
to the book, but not one mention of any errors.

So I'm doubling the reward. $20 for the first person to report a
technical error to me. The details and restrictions follow this
message.

I would also like to encourage people to continue to send
suggestions. If you thought some topics were covered too
lightly, let me know. This isn't a technical error, but I
reserve the right to reward you anyways. Also, I hope that any
company with new or improved products will write. One of the
biggest problems I've found in researching the book is finding
the right person to contact in a company. So I encourage you to
volunteer.

--Peter Wayner
(pcw@access.digex.net)

1) The offer may withdrawn at any time. Check my web page for
any changes.

2) The offer could be increased at any time, but it probably
won't be. So don't push your luck waiting for more money.

3) My decision on the "first" person to send me a technical
error is final. I may choose to reward both people if it is
clear that they found the error independently. The limitation is
necessary to keep people from telling their friend, "You want
$20? Just send this email message to this guy."

4) My decision on what constitutes a technical error is also
final. Errors in grammar or word choice are not rewarded. But
you're free to write about them. It's not that I don't want to
hear about them. I just think that the concept of "grammatical
error" is so ill-defined that I don't want to get in arguments
in that domain.

Thread