1996-12-05 - Re: Logos -vs- Vulis

Header Data

From: logos <logos@c2.net>
To: dthorn@gte.net
Message Hash: 02c9d0c5394e7cccad8bd77ec8ee48b8eb6bb2e9cb741751933f36e3ace20245
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.961204221926.13090D-100000@blacklodge.c2.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 22:31:56 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: logos <logos@c2.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 22:31:56 -0800 (PST)
To: dthorn@gte.net
Subject: Re: Logos -vs- Vulis

Dale Thorn wrote:

> Dimitri Vulis wrote:
> > Lame losers who call themselves "cypher punks" and bend
> > over for John Gilmore.

>      It is obvious that you, Dimitri Vulis, intend to be
> disruptive to the operation of this list. I have politely
> asked you several specific questions about your motives.

Sorry for the noise, but could Logos be specific as to the fallacy in
each item he/she is addressing?  I thought that was the purpose of
the Logos character.

     I indicated in my original post that I would be
addressing both logic and decorum. With regard to the
questions above, I was asking Dimitri Vulis to give a
more detailed explanation of his thinking process.  Once
some of his assumptions are made explicit, it will be
easier to make meaningful comments about the rigor of his
reasoning process.
     It was never my intent to nit pick about every bit
of sloppy reasoning by every poster to Cypherpunks. Rather,
I am trying to elevate the general level of discourse via
selective commentary and (hopefully) by example.
     If Dale Thorn, or anyone else, feels that a more
rigourous attention to logic and/or decorum is called for,
I heartily welcome your participation.

Logos out

Thread