1996-12-30 - Re: Internal Passports

Header Data

From: sameer <sameer@c2.net>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 15c37b7daa19ded64b2fb7af1133480e702d912ede36fe573f25b358cef667af
Message ID: <199612300048.QAA28467@gabber.c2.net>
Reply To: <v03007801aeecab7271cd@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-30 00:28:39 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 16:28:39 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: sameer <sameer@c2.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 16:28:39 -0800 (PST)
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Internal Passports

> I've never once, in 29 years, been asked to show my little ragged card, and
> I only have it because I kept it stored with my passport. (No employer ever
> asked to see it; I haven't been employed for more than 10 years, so I can't
> say anything about recent policies in the wake of the "immigration crisis.")

	These days you can show a passport in leui of a social
security card. (I showed my"current employer" my SS card because I
kept forgetting to bring my poassport in to work. What an odd concept,
proving to my employer that I had a right to wrk in the
US... apparently the law is that you have a $10k fine if you *dont
have the paperwork* -- it doen't matter if all your employees are
legal.)

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777