1996-12-11 - Re: Redlining

Header Data

From: drose@AZStarNet.com
To: “Matthew J. Miszewski” <mjmiski@execpc.com>
Message Hash: 26eebb7b526086099cb1c51b329a6317c2a3c4f2c0712db8d6612c4c8a8ceed1
Message ID: <199612112347.QAA08954@web.azstarnet.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 15:47:44 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: drose@AZStarNet.com
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 15:47:44 -0800 (PST)
To: "Matthew J. Miszewski" <mjmiski@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Redlining

M. Miszewski wrote:

>Actually, my assertion was that the basic motivation was racism and
>ignorance.  My example of student loan default rates should clear that up.
>College graduates generally live outside of redlines and yet are regularly
>offered credit.  And yet default rates on student loans are outrageous (the
>government backing of these loans is irrelevant to individual
>creditworthiness).

Whoa!

How 'bout backin' out minority-oriented "beauty" and other phony trade
"schools" from your assertions?

Looka-here: the moment that you exclude merit from scholastic and credit
decisons, the more that you get into unfortunate decisons for society.

Thread