1996-12-21 - Re: Credentials without Identity–Race Bits

Header Data

From: drose@AZStarNet.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 44a674213033ec4ec8657312c8c5f60d2e3ad3eeb07128f1178c0d7e86dcbe08
Message ID: <199612210139.SAA02134@web.azstarnet.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 17:39:58 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: drose@AZStarNet.com
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 17:39:58 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Credentials without Identity--Race Bits

aaron@herringn.com wrote:

>Flew down to LA recently with a firearm (checked, of course).
>
>Looking over the ticket later, I was mildly surprised to find "GUN" in
>a string of otherwise unintelligible text.

This is a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. The last time that
I declared (as the legal notices at the check-in podium admonished me to do)
a firearm in my luggage, my bag sported a large, chromium yellow GUN tag
that also featured a graphic representation of a pistol (I guess for baggage
handlers who can't read, or can't read English, and would still like to take
advantage of one of the perks of their position).

Thread