1996-12-09 - OECD crypto policy draft guidelines

Header Data

From: “Robin Whittle” <firstpr@ozemail.com.au>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4a6a3710614372e2657d4092c00ad2c6bbcf9306b2d694e9c62a0972f18d862b
Message ID: <199612091541.CAA14288@oznet02.ozemail.com.au>
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 07:42:09 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Robin Whittle" <firstpr@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 07:42:09 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: OECD crypto policy draft guidelines

There is an ad-hoc group of government representatives (called an
"expert group" actually) working on an OECD set of cryptography policy
guidelines.

They have a big five day meeting coming up starting 12 December in
Paris.

A September draft of their guidelines was leaked and put on a WWW
site in Austria:

   http://www.quintessenz.at/Netzteil/OECD/index.html

as a Word 6 file.

I got it, turned it into HTML and put it on my site with comments.

   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~firstpr

Recently, someone from the OECD crypto secretariat emailed me
indicating they had read my comments and found them reasonably
constructive.

I have since added more comments, which I emailed to the secretariate
person.  If anyone has something constructive to convey to them, email
me and I will put you in touch with them.

I understand there will be an article on the debate in the next
weekly edition of The European newspaper.

The people at Quintessenz apparently have a later draft which they are
scanning and will put up on their site ASAP.

- Robin

. Robin Whittle                                               .
. http://www.ozemail.com.au/~firstpr   firstpr@ozemail.com.au .
. 11 Miller St. Heidelberg Heights 3081 Melbourne Australia   .
. Ph +61-3-9459-2889    Fax +61-3-9458-1736                   .
. Consumer advocacy in telecommunications, especially privacy .
. First Principles      - Research and expression - music,    .
.                         music industry, telecommunications  .
.                         human factors in technology adoption.
. Real World Interfaces - Hardware and software, especially   .
.                         for music                           .

Thread