1996-12-07 - Re: Exon Countdown Clock and farewell messages

Header Data

From: Clint Barnett <cbarnett@eciad.bc.ca>
To: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 4c475c48e55155dbc61bb96a1324456c3b0cfc93a965afc39730c1a1ffb570d0
Message ID: <Pine.SGI.3.91.961206190119.23036A-100000@oswald>
Reply To: <v02140b04aebfedff4261@[10.0.2.15]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-07 03:03:42 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 19:03:42 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Clint Barnett <cbarnett@eciad.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 19:03:42 -0800 (PST)
To: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Exon Countdown Clock and farewell messages

okay, how bout this? just shoot the fucker in the head. Instead of trying
to be coolin front of the rest of the c-punks by writing a letter, just go
out and do what you gotta do.

clint barnett
lord of the cosmos
emily carr institute

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, Steve Schear wrote:

> This is a draft of my letter to our dear retiring senator.  Any suggested
> improvements?
>
> -------------
> Honorable Senator Exon,
>
> Although in all likelyhood you will never read this memorandum, I wish to
> express my sincere regret at your retirement and thanks for your many years
> of ignoble service to our nation misrepresenting the wishes of your
> constituents.
>
> You have served as a stallwart against change as did those who resisted the
> telephone, automobile, radio, television and computer (to name but a few)
> before you.  You are a champion of politically correct thinking and
> behaviour, perhaps the most dangerous manifestation of an American trend to
> intolerence and obedience to social rules.
>
> It is a shame we will not have your carcass to kick around in the halls of
> Congress come next term.  All the luck you're due.
>
> -- Steve Schear

Thread