1996-12-05 - Politeness

Header Data

From: logos <logos@c2.net>
To: dlv@bwalk.dm.com
Message Hash: 5cd5ce9cdeec7fa48d72d9df36f65fb660e2d95b767c7cb7bc73f605ea2988a0
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.961204184017.5363G-100000@blacklodge.c2.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 18:55:38 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: logos <logos@c2.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 18:55:38 -0800 (PST)
To: dlv@bwalk.dm.com
Subject: Politeness

Dimitri Vulis wrote:

>logos <logos@c2.net> writes:
>>      I have been unfailingly polite to you. Do you have it
>> within your character to respond to me in kind?

>Do you think spelling my last name "Vilus" is polite?

     I think it was neither polite nor impolite. It was
a innocent transposition error.
     Correcting the error and apologizing were polite,
however. Do you disagree?
     I have already raised the question of your apparent
lack of intellectual honesty in that you seem to not apply
the same rules of conduct on yourself as you would on
others. In English there is the saying, 'what is sauce for
the goose, is sauce for the gander'. I note that you have
spelt my name as 'logos'. As it is a proper noun in the
usage and I have spelt it with the 'L', I would ask you if
you consider this spelling of my name to be polite?

Logos out

Thread