1996-12-04 - [NO CRYPTO] Recommended reading.

Header Data

From: “Peter Trei” <trei@process.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5ed0fd7d099c036391775d6a30d3424cb7ea7c5d40b949b3b4cc6713d5e43907
Message ID: <199612041528.HAA13860@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 07:28:47 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Peter Trei" <trei@process.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 07:28:47 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [NO CRYPTO] Recommended reading.

The current (Dec 2) issue of Forbes is a special -
the cover article is 'Cyber power gives financial
markets a veto over the President and Congress', by
Peter Huber. This has already been covered in this
list.

However, the real prize is a second complete magazine
included with the Forbes in a plastic bag - the
premiere issue of Forbes ASAP: "The Big Issue -
Where do we go from here?", which contains 53
essays from various commentators on the significance
and future of the techno revolution. I haven't
finished it yet, but found the essays by Tom Wolfe
on the social implications of neuroscience and
Mark Helprin on life's accelerating pace superb.

Other authors include: Gingrich, Fukuyama, Nader,
Simon Schama, Rifkin, Esther Dyson, Al Goldstein,
Buckley, Paglia, Gates, Negroponte,, Richard Leakey,
Steven Weinberg, Brokaw, Limbaugh, Huber, and George
Gilder, among others.

Highly recommended!

Peter Trei
Senior Software Engineer