1996-12-18 - Maybe the CypherPunks do have some heart

Header Data

From: SUCRUM22at_INDY-ADP@smtp-gw.cv62.navy.mil
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7849457d19f117c32f2d9db0050b0d29903bd8cb0a6fec9387b29d9cb609b8e0
Message ID: <9611188509.AA850936189@smtp-gw.cv62.navy.mil>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1996-12-18 02:45:57 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 18:45:57 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: SUCRUM22_at_INDY-ADP@smtp-gw.cv62.navy.mil
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 18:45:57 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Maybe the CypherPunks *do* have some heart

 ------------------ Begin Forwarded Message Text ---------------------
 The Houghton-Mifflin Publishing Co.. is giving books to children's
 hospitals; how many books they give depends on how many emails they
 receive from people around the world.  For every 25 emails they
 receive, they give one book -- it seems like a great way to
 help a good cause. All you have to do is mail:     share@hmco.com.
 Hope you can spare some time to write and then let your friends know.
 ------------------- End Forwarded Message Text ----------------------

 Hey cypherpunks, just thought this might be of interest, forgive the
 spam, but remember, knowledge begins with reading.  And no, don't go
 e-mail and ask what books the Co. is donating (i.e.. gov't supportive,
 procrypto controls etc etc) Its the Holidays, have some heart.  And
 hey - if the number of books is related to the number of e-mails, i
 wonder if maybe we can enlist those "i'm sorry" spammers to fill those
 e-mail boxes <grin>.  Happy <whatever-you-happen-to-celebrate>.

 Don't confuse my views with those of the DoD or the United States Navy

Thread