1996-12-13 - [Meeting] Cypherpunks Shooting Club

Header Data

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 84b472b28d1778fe09ec68652592937a7b3f8b2d0eff2be03c0d88335133661b
Message ID: <3.0.32.19961212190918.006931e0@netcom14.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 19:08:59 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 19:08:59 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [Meeting] Cypherpunks Shooting Club

Fellow firearms friends,

The Cypherpunks Shooting Club will meet this Sunday, 12/14/96, the day
after the monthly Bay Area Cypherpunks Meeting. From now on, we will meet
once a month, on the day after the monthly meeting.

Anyone interested in firearms is encouraged to attend. You don't need to
own a gun and you don't need to know how to operate one. Of course, if you
do, all the better. Various firearms (rifles, handguns, shotguns) will be
available.

We will gladly provide safety and operations instructions.

When: 2:00 pm 12/14/96

Where: United Sportsmen Rifle Range, Ebora Road, Concord, CA, 510-676-1963

How to get there:

o From SF, Oakland, the North Bay: [Cross the bridge to the East Bay if
applicable].

Take I580 to Highway 24 to WALNUT CREEK. In Walnut Creek, the 24 merges
with I680. Follow I680 NORTH. Past Concord, take Highway 4 EAST. Drive for
a few miles. Note the nuclear weapons depot on the right. Just past the
depot, exit on WILLOW PASS ROAD. Make a LEFT on Willow Pass Road. Cross
underneath the highway. At the end of the road, make a RIGHT. Drive 3/4 of
a mile. United Sportsmen is the second dirt road on the LEFT. If you
reached some homes, you went too far.

o From the Peninsula: Take San Mateo Bridge to the East Bay. Go NORTH for a
few miles. Take the freeway EAST (number?) to LIVERMORE. At the PLEASANTON
interchange, take I680 NORTH. Follow the instructions above.

Why we are meeting in the East Bay: Several regular participants are
already meeting Sunday morning in Berkeley.

What if it rains: The outdoor range is an all weather range. We will meet
unless it really pours.

Cost: $5 range fee + ammunition. $15 total should suffice for a first timer.

What to bring:
o Eye protection [mandatory]. Prescription and sunglasses meet the
requirements, though I would advise you to use something safer. Chemistry
lab glasses work great.

o Ear protection [mandatory]. If needed, you can buy some foam type ear
protection at the range. It costs less than $5.

o Any firearm you might want to bring.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend.

See you Sunday,

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred
   Make your mark in the history of mathematics. Use the spare cycles of
   your PC/PPC/UNIX box to help find a new prime.
   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/justforfun/prime.htm

Thread