1996-12-15 - Re: [No joke] The Feds may legally gas us

Header Data

From: Jim Wise <jim@santafe.arch.columbia.edu>
To: The Deviant <deviant@pooh-corner.com>
Message Hash: acc365db7f6bbb52b16ce3d08feb8ed3f4e9128daa485d8b526577acc0b8241c
Message ID: <Pine.NEB.3.95.961215073357.4601A-100000@localhost>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961214180857.879A-100000@random.sp.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-15 21:50:11 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 13:50:11 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Jim Wise <jim@santafe.arch.columbia.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 13:50:11 -0800 (PST)
To: The Deviant <deviant@pooh-corner.com>
Subject: Re: [No joke] The Feds may legally gas us

> The Deviant wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Lucky Green wrote:
> > Folks,
> > Did you know that the Feds may legally test chemical and biological weapons
> > on the civilian population as long as they give 30 days advance notice to
>
> No, they can't.  Development, testing, and use of Biological weapons is
> banned by the Geneva conventions (among others).  International treaty
> outweighs USC.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Geneva conventions do not apply
to nations acting upon their own citizens...  This showed up in the legal
wrangling over whether the brutality in Bosnia-Herzegovena was part of a
civil war or a war between nations, and hence whether an international
tribunal had authority...

--
				Jim Wise
				jim@santafe.arch.columbia.edu