1996-12-26 - freedom is only relative

Header Data

From: “Attila T. Hun” <attila@primenet.com>
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: af6f7de0a0354891f020a23a34897818496740756245e3b10f65a82560e66106
Message ID: <199612261644.JAA09233@infowest.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 08:43:40 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Attila T. Hun" <attila@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 08:43:40 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: freedom is only relative

on 12/26/96 at 04:34 AM, Carl Johnson <toto@sk.sympatico.ca> said:
::Attila T. Hun wrote:
::>         is MALLAMACE an abbreviated anagram for 'malicious mace?'

::  Yes. Other abbreviated anagrams are:
::A ::  C :: and  ::  F

::  (I am thankful that I live in America, where I am free to use
::the above abbreviated anagrams without fear of censorship.)

        as to lack of fear of censorship; ask the woman in Chicago,
    approached by Clinton to shake her hand --she refused and said he
    was criminal murderer.  Took 'em a week or so to get her and
    husband even out of jail the first time, and I think the charges
    are still going around in federal court.

        through all this: Bubba a) got obscene, and b) threw a tempter
    tantrum.

        think Hillary will protect your civil rights in her Global
    Village?  Keep in mind, it's on record, Hillary's Bill of Rights
    is the same as the UN Bill of Rights, which just happens to be the
    same as the Bill of Rights in the current Chinese constitution:

        the UN's "International Covenant on Civil and Political
        Rights" (ICCR): Aricle 18 states that "everyone shall
        have	the right to freedom of thought, conscience and
	    religion" but specifies that "freedom to manifest one's
        religions or beliefs may be subject only to such
        limitations as are prescribed by law and necessary..."

    sounds more like Bubba's attitude as expressed by Janet Reno and
    Jamie Gorlick. maybe the Chinese took their model from the UN?

   	    As Communist China prepares to digest Hong Kong in
	   July, it is moving quickly to suppress dissenting
	   voices in the media. Asian correspondent David
	   Aikman reports that Red China's Foreign Minister,
	   Qian Qichen, has forbidden future commemorations
	   in Hong Kong of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre.
	   When Hong Kong residents protested this decree,
	   foreign ministry spokesman Shen Guofang sought to
	   placate them with the following assurance:

	       "Hong Kong people will have full freedom of
	       expression, but all freedoms must be within
	       the limits allowed by law."

    George Orwell was not late, just not recognized.

  ==
    Tyranny Insurance by Colt Manufacturing Co.

Thread