1996-12-01 - Re: denial of service and government rights

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Message Hash: ca4d09ab313473196c4ef2e7ab2de1f6a72f557bef69b4409a05194396301a1b
Message ID: <32A1C811.244@gte.net>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.94.961201024623.5120X-100000@polaris>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-01 18:19:14 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 10:19:14 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 10:19:14 -0800 (PST)
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Subject: Re: denial of service and government rights

Black Unicorn wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Dale Thorn wrote:
> > > Just in case someone replies saying "It's not all that bad", or "It can't
> > > happen here", etc., you should know this:
> > > The United States government has not been responsive to the people for
> > > a long time, but what's become evident in recent years is that they're
> > > also no longer responsive to basic law and order.
> > > They do respond to extreme pressure, as was applied in the Weaver, Waco,
> > > and other similar cases, but, as a general rule, they do whatever they
> > > want all the way to the top of the Justice dept. with impunity.
> > > Example:  George Bush's old pal at the Wash. DC P.R. firm hires the
> > > niece(?) of a Kuwaiti official to testify in front of Congress in full
> > > view of the American people on television, that the Iraquis were throwing
> > > babies out of incubators in Kuwait, thereby securing the necessary votes
> > > in Congress to prosecute the Gulf War.

> At that time the country was already at war and if you read the war powers
> act and look at the dates, you'll find that he probably could have
> prosecuted it without congress.

Fraud is fraud.  It's illegal under *some* statute, I'm sure.

> 60 minutes did a nice piece on this, BTW, and even they admitted that the
> wool might have been pulled over the eyes of the Bush Staff.

> > > When it was discovered (after the "war") that the Incubator Baby Scandal
> > > was a lie, nobody was prosecuted.

> Prosecuted for what?

Fraud.  See above.

> > > Further, in blatant violation of the
> > > U.S. Constitution, Bush and Schwartzkopf were knighted by Queen Elizabeth
> > > II of England.

> Careful.  The knighthoods in question (Knight's Cross of the Victorian
> Order if I recall) do not infringe on foreign decorations restrictions
> when they are granted in an honorary context, as both were - again if my
> recall is correct.
> Several American citizens have been inducted into foreign orders of merit
> and some have been inducted into badge and even sash orders.
> One noteable was even inducted into the Order of the Bath (extra points
> for the name of said citizen).

According to the Constitution, "No title of nobility shall be granted by
the United States, and no person holding any office of profit or trust
under them shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any
present, emolument, office or title, of any kind whatsoever, from any
king, prince, or foreign state."

I would point out that the "any kind whatsoever" clause is clear enough,
and as to whether Congress approved Bush et al for these honors, well,
you tell me.

> > > There are also numerous examples of the Justice dept. being caught red-
> > > handed forging documents to frame people for whom they had no evidence or
> > > insufficient evidence to prosecute, and what happens in those cases?
> > > Nothing.

> Examples...?

Demjanjuk.  Israel (a country where the Justice department seems to have
some ethics) was so embarrassed about this that they released him, even
though there was considerable pressure to keep him under various charges.

One could also look at the Weaver and Waco cases for false charges.
It's worthy of note that juries rejected the U.S. Justice dept's murder
charges in these cases.  The original charges in the Weaver case even
included the baby, as I recall.

Thread